Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Images!

As promised, here are some images to share.

I love that I still get excited seeing the results of collaborations, something I've done since my very first photo shoot :) To me there's just something unique about every shoot I do. Everyone has a different eye, a different idea on how to capture me. It's what makes every image special and no image is ever alike for this reason.

I remember occasional emails from the past where someone would pinpoint a specific image in my portfolio, where they felt they couldn't "compete" with what the photographer did. To me it shouldn't be about that, because that image was unique to that collaboration and the moment has passed. They do end up surprising themselves when they end up creating images with a different moment that are unique to them and the model. This is how it should be :) I don't like to imitate anyone else's images for this reason, because it was their moment and now it's time to have our moment :)

Ok, now I'm rambling. This was just in my head, so my fingers did the typing :)

Here are some pics from my last east coast trip, taken by Risque412. I just love his perspective, the way he captured the height of this location and how the eye is drawn through the image. He did send me the color versions but these just had to be shown in b&w. I think they just pop.

Hope you like :)




24 comments:

Chazzier said...

My favorite is the third.

Katy T said...

Thanks! I love that one too, the way my pose works with the angles of the beams.

Anonymous said...

I agree, that first one is just stunning!
They are all good images, great posing, but I like the closer feel of the first image the best!
Thank you for sharing with us :)

Katy T said...

Thanks for commenting!

Overall I'd say that first one is my favorite. I love that perspective, capturing all that height, combined with that angled right leg :)

JACAC said...

t h a n k . y o u . Katy :)
t h e . f i r s t . o n e . i s . r e a l l y . a m a z i n g

Katy T said...

Thanks for your thoughts!

That first one if my favorite also :)

Anonymous said...

after seen them, i like the perspective (as you) and the contrast between your figure and the woods, i don't like so much the light on your body/ the post treatment that make the "texture" of your skin like burned by the light and too "smooth", excuse me, i don't want to disturb, but the photo are good framed, you are a wonderful model, and i don't understand this treatment for good photos by the photographer, of course it's only my opinion, i like very much more other works from you, please excuse me if i say too much, i admire you as model since very much time ago, and of course i don't want to offend you neither not value the hard work behind the photos, i'm sorry.

Katy T said...

Thanks for your comments. I don't find them offensive, as I welcome input.

You mention that you think he smoothed out my skin. I've actually seen the unedited versions and he really didn't do much to them in photoshop at all. I did wear lotion on my skin and it may be the high key b&w finish that has thrown you off possibly? I understand if some don't favor that type of toning, but thanks for your comments :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos. Superb location

Katy T said...

Thank you! :)

Monika said...

Your photos are so impossibly beautiful!

Katy T said...

Thanks Monika! I appreciate your thoughts :)

Silversunbeam said...

Very nice use of lines and curves in each composition. Great collaborative effort!

Katy T said...

Thanks Geoff! It was an awesome location and just love the perspective on these :)

Anonymous said...

Great poses!

Katy T said...

Thank you!

Ronald said...

Infra red photography? :-)

Katy T said...

Actually no, but I see your point, they do kind of look like infrared. It's just the tone he chose for these images.

Mike Roberts said...

The contrast between your skin tones and the darkness of the wood really emphasizes the lines and shapes of your body. Well done by you and the photographer.

Katy T said...

Thanks Mike. I appreciate your thoughts :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always. :)

Katy T said...

Thank you :)

Gasparov said...

I love it!

Katy T said...

Thanks! Glad you love the images :)